What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sorry for the inconvenience

Sorry for adding the step of "word verification" to the comments process on this blog. A couple of days ago I posted an entry. While viewing it a couple of minutes later, I noticed a comment had been posted. Sure enough, some "bot" had trolled the site and posted a comment. If you had read the comment and followed the link you would have been led to a site that announced your computer was suffering from a virus. No doubt, if you clicked on that page's suggested solution, you would download a dandy piece of adware, spyware, malware or worse.

So I now require you to key the word from one of those goofy, hard-to-read boxes in order to post your comment. And you do need a Google ID - but doesn't everyone have one of those?

As my sister-in-law, Lisa, says "you live and learn!"

No comments: