What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It Rained in Egypt

The preceding post discusses the dust in Cairo. I've been waiting for a nice rainstorm to pass through town and wash all the dust off the palm trees, buildings and monuments. I'm going to grab the camera and head out for some great pictures.

Good luck! People tell me that it doesn't rain here. Well they are wrong. Just look at this picture taken last week.


Yes, that is as much rain as I've seen in my ten weeks in Cairo this winter. It has rained that hard two other times too. People talk about it when it happens.

I checked the BBC Weather page for Egypt and they reported:
In central and southern Egypt several years may pass without any significant rain.
Now, we are in the north, so maybe one day I'll have my freshly washed palm tree pictures. But not on this trip.

No comments: