What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Canyonland I - Needles Overlook

Continuing to follow the advice we had received at the Blanding Visitor Center, we left Newspaper Rock, Returned to U.S. 191 and drove north to the road to Needles Overlook.


The first view from the overlook is spectacular. Canyonlands National Park is not as spectacular as the Grand Canyon but it is close. The variety of formations and colors provides many pleasant surprises.


The width of the canyon and the variety of formations on the bottoms made the visit memorable.


Notice the controlled burn that I mentioned in the previous post.

No comments: