What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're in Mormon Country, for Sure

"Hi! I'm George Zimmer for Men's Warehouse," began a familiar voice on the television at our niece's house during the evening news broadcast. Then it continued, "If you're going on a mission ..."

Yes, George has tailored his pitch to the local community.


The look is certainly familiar. I've seen it on my front steps.


And the commercial closes in standard fashion.


Sunday, on our trip into downtown, we searched for an open restaurant. Not much choice available. Even the Subway sandwich shops are closed on Sunday. A few chains were open. But without customers, not many places were even trying to stay open.

I was a bit surprised to see this article in the Ogden sunday newspaper.

It describes "fallen away" Mormons and their experiences.

And the same paper had a humorous column about the doubtful possibility of Mormons giving up on handshakes.

No comments: