What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Monday, January 28, 2013

So Much to See

Sometimes it is surprising what we find on an outing anywhere in Egypt.  For instance, two years ago, we enjoyed a couple of trips to a restaurant located along this street.  Now an unusual building has taken its place.  Is this a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design?
EgyptSoMuchToSee-1

Nearby, we stopped in a convenience store and noted that there is no shortage of Hostess Twinkies here.
EgyptSoMuchToSee-2

Then, as we began returning to our apartment, I stepped out into the street to capture a view of some buildings in the distance.  I accidentally tripped the shutter before I had composed the picture.
EgyptSoMuchToSee-3

Later, I realized there were several pictures captured in that shot.  There is the garbage hauler with his donkey cart.
EgyptSoMuchToSee-5

There is an answer to the question, "How many chairs can be hauled on a motorcycle in one load?"
EgyptSoMuchToSee-4

And there is an explanation for why people here always walk in the street and never use a sidewalk. -- There is too much stuff piled up on the sidewalk.
EgyptSoMuchToSee-6




No comments: