What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's Harankush Season!


harankush-1
I thoroughly enjoy new experiences and I especially like trying new foods.  A few years ago a friend brought us a bag of some food I'd never seen before. When I asked him what they were he said, "Harankush."

harankush-2 harankkush-1
I tried this fruit and immediately I was hooked. It's available from street vendors or from larger supermarkets.  It's always more fun to buy from the street vendors though. They're called ground cherries in the U.S. but I've never seen them where I live. 

They're very inexpensive and fun to eat.  Typically Egyptians eat them as a snack and it's the same for me. I easily peel the papery skin off and pop the tangy fruit into my mouth.  Delicious!

Posted by LINDA

No comments: